Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thrown'd.

Did you know that Levixus will mind control you? I did not.

Did you also know that when you're mind controlled, you can get weapon skill points when the entity controlling you puts you on auto attack?

Levixus, you see, decided it would be a neat trick to MC me and have me throw my Merciless Gladiator's War Edge at my pet. And I watched in horror as I picked up skill points.



Insert whatever profanity you feel like here. I'm sure I won't disagree.

But all is not lost.

Just to be sure, I logged onto my Troll hunter alt and equipped him with a Thrown weapon. His entire Marksmanship tree went red, as all the real Hunter goodies read, "Requires Ranged Weapon." Praise Elune.

So, I guess I have a decision to make. My status as melee hunter isn't broken, since even using a Thrown weapon does nothing to make the meat-and-potatoes hunter skills available to you. I can't Arcane Shot, I can't Scorpid Sting. As God intended. So, really, I guess I have to ask, do I live with this wart and maintain my Thrown skill at 4, or do I go ahead and train it up?

On a happier note, congratulations to reader Wren on reaching 40 with his own melee hunter!

No comments: